Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I send my resume for future consideration?
When a vacancy is advertised, you must apply directly for this position as outlined in the job advertisement. However, the Strategic Staffing Division will accept resumes and keep them on file for a limited period of time, should the need arise to fill a position on a short term basis.
How do I know if I am eligible to work for the Public Service?
To work in the Newfoundland and Labrador Public Service, you must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada or have written authorization to work in Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. You can obtain more information by contacting the Newfoundland and Labrador Office of Immigration and Multiculturalism.
How do I find out more about a particular department in which there is a vacancy on which I may apply?
You can go to the department website from the home page of the provincial government.
Can I ask for feedback if I am not the successful candidate in a job competition?
Should you be interviewed and not selected as the successful candidate, you are encouraged to seek and receive post-board feedback. Post board feedback should be helpful if you are interviewed for another job opportunity in the Public Service.